Cor Jesu (Latin for Heart of Jesus) is a very simple retreat that offers you an extended time with Jesus through Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Adoration is the primary activity of the retreat. The Blessed Sacrament will be exposed from Friday night until Sunday morning. The retreatants will take turns keeping vigil before the Blessed Sacrament around the clock. Each retreatant will be personally responsible for 4-5 hours of adoration during the retreat. The rest of the time you will be free to hike, read, pray, adore, or rest as you discern.
The retreat is:
- ONLY for those who have made an Encounter with Jesus Retreat
- from 5:30 pm on Friday to 12:30 pm on Sunday
- Silent (no talking).
- No talks or teachings will be offered except for the introductory talk Friday night and the homilies given at Mass on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- cost - $40 to sign up, and then you can make a donation if you can.
- 5:30 pm - Registration begins
- 6:30 pm - Dinner
- 7:00 pm - Introduction
- 8:00 pm - Selection of hours for Adoration
- 8:30 pm - Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and Vigil begins
- 8:00 am - Mass
- 9:00 am - Breakfast
- 1:00 pm - Lunch
- 6:00 pm - Dinner
- 7:30 am - Common Holy Hour and Benediction
- 8:30 am - Common Breakfast with talking
- 9:30 am - Confessions
- 11:00 am - Mass
- After Mass the retreat is over
During this retreat Jesus, our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, must never be left alone. It is your all's responsibility and privilege to spend this time with Him. For many this will mean being with Jesus in the middle of night.
If you did not sleep well on the EWJ, you probably will sleep worse on this retreat. All retreatants must sleep in the dormitory.
A signed liability waiver is required for attendance at this retreat. You will be required to fill this out when you arrive at the retreat. Please bring your driver's license number because the waiver requires it.
Mission la Divina Misericordia is Consecrated Ground, and out of respect for our Lord, His Mother, and each other please refrain from wearing:
- shorts (men and women)
- low cut or sleeveless shirts
- hemlines or slits above the knee
- tight fitting clothing